Winston-Salem | (336) 470-0177
Raleigh | (919) 307-6528
Greensboro | (336) 470-0789
Charlotte | (704) 247-7529
According the the North Carolina Industrial Commission, the Mission of this very important North Carolina state government agency is as follows:
The North Carolina Industrial Commission is an agency of the State of North Carolina created by the General Assembly in 1929 to administer the North Carolina Workers’ Compensation Act. In 1949, the Industrial Commission was also given authority by the General Assembly to administer the Tort Claims Act.
Additionally, the Industrial Commission is charged with administering the Law Enforcement Officers’, Firemen’s, Rescue Squad Workers’ and Civil Air Patrol Members’ Death Benefits Act, the Childhood Vaccine-Related Injury Compensation Program and Compensation to Persons Erroneously Convicted of Felonies.
The North Carolina Industrial Commission strives to effectively and fairly administer the Workers’ Compensation Act and Tort Claims Act for the State of North Carolina and its citizens in the following manner:
– Providing reliable, accurate and efficient claims servicing;
– Providing quick resolutions to disputed issues in an administrative forum;
– Reviewing status of insurance coverage for employers subject to the Workers’ Compensation Act;
– Promoting active resolution of disputes through mediation;
– Resolving controversies by rendering impartial and well-reasoned decisions;
– Facilitating high quality, effective medical care and rehabilitation for injured workers in complex medical/legal situations;
– Providing education and training to employers to reduce accident potential in the workplace;
– Providing prompt, efficient medical bill review in accordance with the NCIC Medical Fees Schedule;
– Investigating potential criminal violations of the NC Workers’ Compensation Act, insuring compliance and confidence in our state’s workers’ compensation system.
As always, if you would like to ask additional questions or take advantage of a free consultation by telephone or in-person, please Contact Bowman Law without delay. If you would like to learn more about the regions we cover, Click Here to View Our Service Areas.